Section 1 - Policy and Guidelines
The primary goal of this document is to ensure that safety standards are met as well as to provide governance for standards to all sanctioned Taekwondo tournaments within the Province of Manitoba.
The scope of this policy is for Taekwondo tournaments that are conducted in the province of Manitoba and are recognised by Taekwondo Manitoba 2009 incorporated. Herein referred to as TM. This document will outline the following:
- Tournaments which require a TM sanction
- Requirements and process for obtaining such sanction; and,
- Obligations and responsibilities of both the Host Club and TM once a TM sanction is granted
This document is the TM policy and guidelines for tournament sanctioning. The purpose of this policy is to:
- Ensure safety guidelines and competition standards are met at TM sanctioned tournaments;
- Ensure fair, safe and equitable play at TM sanctioned tournaments;
- Enhance participation at, and credibility of, TM sanctioned tournaments;
- Provide a mechanism for event data collection as required by TM
The board would like to welcome Ms. Evelyn Hoogerdijk as the 5th Director at Large. She was appointed at the board meeting on Sat. Nov. 29, 2014.
Taekwondo Manitoba thanks all candidates who put their name forward for consideration. Members and parents interested in volunteering on either a short-term or long-term basis can contact any board member for more information.