Congratulations to two referees recognized at the Winter Classic on October 4, 2014: Mr. Matthew Canam as Best Male Referee; Ms. Evelyn Hoogerdijk as Best Female Referee.
Each individual Director at Large leads, advises and supports Taekwondo Manitoba by:
- Attending and actively participating at all board meetings to further the success of the organization and to support the organization's mission and goals.
- Regularly attending and actively participating in Taekwondo Manitoba events.
- Promoting Taekwondo Manitoba and representing the best interests of Taekwondo Manitoba at all times.
- With other Board members, helping to set, approve and manage: strategic goals; policy; budget; programs and events.
- Assuming responsibilities for specific projects either by volunteering or as requested (ie. serving on committees).
- Proactively seeking new sponsorships, fundraising opportunities and/or revenue-generating events or activities.
- Reviewing financial, reports and materials, as assigned.
- Liaising and actively recruiting new members and volunteers.
- Remaining current with the activities of the Taekwondo Manitoba by following its website, events and initiatives.
Manitoba's own Mrs. Jillian Golby Borsa earns Best Female Referee at 2014 National Championships held May 15-18 in Toronto, ON.