The Competition Committee will be comprised of the Referee Committee Chair or committee delegate, and two regular members of the Taekwondo Manitoba Association; one of whom will be appointed by the Board of Directors as the Technical Director. The Secretary will serve as a resource to the committee.
Committee members must have a basic level of event organization, staffing requirements, rules of play, insurance protocols, and tournament management.
Oversees and assists in the planning and delivery of:
- Senior Provincial Championship events
- Junior Provincial Championship events
- Provincial Challenge events held by Taekwondo Manitoba
- Establish and update the Provincial Championship Information as necessary, and to establish a formal Provincial Championship Handbook including the following information:
- Eligibility Criterion (competitors, officials, coaches)
- Registration Fees and Deadlines
- Event site/date/schedule
- Notice, media and promotion communications
- Site Specifications and Equipment
- Awards and Remuneration
- Arbitration and Dispute Resolution Protocol
- Risk Management – liability and insurance requirements
- Event results – Provincial Team designation
- Event specific Budget
- Establish dates and locations for all Championships
- Coordinate provincial dates and sites with the assistance of the Provincial President.
- Ensure that there is Board representation at each of the aforementioned championships.
- The committee shall meet no less than 3 times per year.
- Members of the committee are expected to attend all meetings of the committee.
- Meetings may be held by conference call as needed.
The Competition Committee shall report the following to the Board of Directors at each Board meeting throughout the year:
- Dates of meetings and committee member attendance
- Work plan and progress towards the achievement of the work plan
- The Board of Directors and the committee shall confirm or renegotiate the committee/board relationship annually.