The Referee Committee will be comprised of the Membership Committee Chair and two (2) regular members of Taekwondo Manitoba, one of whom will be appointed as Chairman by the Board of Directors. The Secretary will serve as resource to the committee.
Oversees and assists in the planning and delivery:
- To develop and maintain programs for referee growth and skill applicability.
- Develop and maintain a means to recruit, train and retain referees at the entry level stages.
- To establish and update the Referee Database Information as necessary and to establish a formal Provincial Training Handbook including the following information:
- Eligibility Criterion
- Sparring - Gyorugi Judging Rules/Regulations
- Patterns - Poomsae Judging Rules/Regulations
- Promotion Examinations – written and technical
- Registration Fees
- Representation from cross section of city/rural dojangs
- Disciplinary or sanction disposition
- Selection of National and/or International Referee Development
- Establish dates and locations for Referee training workshops.
- To coordinate Provincial Referee representation, inclusive of ring assignments and duties, with host sites/host committees for Taekwondo Manitoba sanctioned competition events.
- To form partnerships with current Taekwondo Canada Referee Committee liaisons who oversee the West Region, for the purpose of gaining access to existing information, initiatives and updates on an on-going basis.
- The committee shall meet no less than 4 times per year.
- Members of the committee are expected to attend all meetings of the committee.
- Meetings may be held by conference call as needed.
The Referee Committee shall report the following to the Board of Directors at each Board meeting throughout the year:
- Dates of meetings and committee member attendance
- Work plan and progress towards the achievement of the work plan
The Board of Directors and the committee shall confirm or renegotiate the committee/board relationship annually.