Taekwondo Manitoba is proud to present the new Competition Development Program! This new program will run from September 1, 2013 to June 30, 2014 and provide competition-specific programming to all of its members.
It is the mandate of the PSO to provide competition specific programming to its members, and as such Taekwondo Manitoba recognizes the significance of providing regular and available training opportunities.
Start Date: Sept 1, 2013
End Date: June 30, 2014
Minimum of two (2) times per week, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 6:00pm to 7:00pm with the exception of holidays and conflicts with competition or training camps.
Expectations of Athletes
Athletes who choose to take part in the Competition Development Program will be expected to commit fully to the training program provided which includes regular attendance at training sessions, participation in specified events (event list will be provided prior to Sept 1, 2013 - 4 of 6 events), and will fully complete all fitness testing as required. Athletes will only be given 5 unexcused absences. After an athlete’s 3rd absence, they will receive a written warning. After the 4th absence, there will be a sit-down documented meeting. After the 5th absence, the athlete will be removed from the program with no refunds.
Expectations of the Competition Development Program
Athletes (and their personal coaches should they choose to take part) will be provided with knowledge in the areas of:
- Basic strategy
- Competition conditioning
- Maximization of speed, power, and endurance
- Set up of techniques
Qualifications of the Head Coach
- Currently recognized as a certified coach by Taekwondo Canada
- Has coached at a national event in the previous 12 months
- Is able to provide training space at minimum 2 times per week to run the Competition Development Program
- Is willing and able to coach athletes in the program as required at the events that have been selected by the Head Coach and the High Performance Committee
Selection of the Head Coach
Selection of the Head Coach for the 2013-2014 seasons will be made by the Board upon receipt of applications. A call for applicants will be posted on the Taekwondo Manitoba website for no less than 1 week prior to the selection of the Head Coach.
Agreement of the Head Coach
Once selected, the head coach will receive 75% of the athlete’s tuition plus applicable GST. The coach is responsible for all costs including but not limited to travel, training space, equipment for training, coaching fees and accommodations. The head coach will be required to sign an agreement committing to the 2013-2014 season regardless of the number of athletes enrolled in the program.
- Athletes who join the program are provided the option of having their personal coach or the Taekwondo Manitoba coach at all events. Athletes will provide their choices prior to each event named by the Competition Development program.
- Events that are required by the Competition Development program are SELF FUNDED. This means that minors are expected to travel with parents, or the parents have made additional arrangements for the youth to travel under the care of someone else. The head coach is not responsible for travel, hotel, or food for any athletes on this team.
- Athletes will not be required to attend the national championships, unless they choose to. The head coach will communicate directly with the personal coach regarding an athlete’s readiness for this event, but final decision will be between the athlete and their personal coach.
- This program is NOT required to be a part of Team Manitoba. It is a service being offered to Taekwondo Manitoba members.
$1000 per season (Sept 1 - June 30)
Payment is due in two equal payments; $500 due Sept. 1, 2013 and the balance due February 1st, 2014. Please make cheques payable to Taekwondo Manitoba.